Disclaimer

This site may contain affiliate advertising and personal promotions. In other words, I may make money if you click a link.

Friday, January 22, 2016

Confession: I Am A NERD

It's time to come clean. Not just with the world, but with myself.

I Am A Nerd

Checking off all traits of Nerd -- Love of reading and learning, socially awkward, odd sense of humor, glasses


I am not a geek that is usually thought of when it comes to technology and such. Oh, I love my tech, don't get me wrong but I want to know and learn so much more.  

When you look in the dictionary a nerd and a geek are pretty much the same. However, I know enough about the world to know the difference in people's minds.

Geeks are what you would consider a 'cool' nerd. I have tried but really have no interest in being 'cool.'

I just want to be ME.

What is a nerd?


  • A nerd is a person that prefers to read a good book over, well, pretty much anything.
  • A nerd loves to learn about many things -- not just the TECHNICAL (we are not geeks) -- and probably defies all niches.
  • A nerd IS socially awkward but, believe it or not, we are usually ok with that. It's the people we love that have a problem with it.
  • A nerd may or may not realize if their wardrobe/hairstyle is out of date. To be honest, we really don't care. Clothes cover our bodies and our hair just needs to be out of the way.
  • A nerd probably wears glasses -- all that reading is not great for the eyes.
  • A nerd usually has an odd sense of humor -- what everyone else finds funny astonishes them. 
Did I miss anything? How do you define a nerd?


No comments:

Post a Comment